3 slices Bacon (**optional)
1 lg. Onion, chopped fine
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 tbsp. Flour
1-2 tsp. Cumin or Thyme
3 c. Chicken Broth
1-2 Potatoes, peeled and diced
1-2 c. corn
1 c. Milk
1 c. grated Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon and drain if used.
- Saute the onions and celery until softened and almost translucent. Add flour and cumin/thyme and cook for another minute.
- Stir in potatoes and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and cook for 8-10 min until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the corn, chicken, and milk and return to a gentle simmer. Do not allow to boil.
- Add the cheese and stir until it just melts.
- Top with crumbled bacon if desired.