This recipe came from my Gram. I don’t ever remember her making it but I copied it from her once.
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 c. Medium Chunky Salsa
1 c. Water
1 c. Frozen Corn (but I use 1 can with the water drained)
1 1/2 c. Uncooked Instant Rice
1 c. Shredded Cheese
- Brown meat with chili powder. Drain fat when cooked, if desired. (I always do)
- Add salsa and water (if using frozen corn add it during this step). Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and canned corn and cover.
- Reduce to low heat and let simmer for 5 min.
- Remove from heat.
- Top with cheese and cover.
- Let stand for 5 min. until any remaining liquid is absorbed and the cheese is melted.