1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper all the way. Although, gift bags with wrapped presents is ok too. Thanks for asking. hehe
2. Real tree or Artificial Fake? Real. You just can’t beat it!
3. When do you put up the tree? Before Christmas (lol). Whenever it fits into John’s exam schedule actually. This year it was up around the 8th.
4. When do you take the tree down? After Old Christmas.
5. Do you like egg nog? I hate that vile stuff!!!
6. Favorite gift received as child? I will have to admit my Jem guitar was friggin cool as was my Cabbage Patch kid, but I think my bear (Cuddles) takes the cake!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep! Nan gave me one last year. I like it.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Depends on the year but it’s usually Dad.
9. Easiest person to buy for? John
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail cards for sure! We have 12 to date. I will take e-cards too but it’s exciting to get ‘real’ mail! Make that 13, we just got one!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A label-maker from an Ex. Not an appropriate ‘big’ gift. Uh-huh.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? I can’t decide. I have so many. The Polar Express, Rudolph, Frosty, One Magic Christmas, Elf, the list could go on and on.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually all last minute but I think I had everything done early this year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? A Christmas present? No. Other present, maybe.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies. Pies. Candy. Turkey. Everything!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Coloured lights. I love our flamboyant tree!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night. But untraditional it’s Raffi-On Christmas Morning and Jessica Simpson (feat. Nick Lachey) – Baby it’s cold outside.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, & Blizten and you can’t forget Rudolph (like Mom did. hehe)
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel all the way. Angel in a white dress…
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. The 1 on Christmas Eve doesn’t count because it’s usually one we already know or food…hehe
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People forget how to drive and lose their common courtesy. It’s the season for joy and giving, dumbasses!!!
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? A plethora of odds & ends….I’m not a mixy-matchy person
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey and all the trimmings followed by Gram’s minced meat pie and apple pie. Yummmmmmm
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? The never-ending question. I don’t know. I still don’t know really. Clothes. Flannel sheets. Junk food. 😛
25. Favorite holiday smell? Christmas tree (and Baking and Turkey)…it’s a sensory overload but so good
26. Best holiday tradition? I really miss our “old” Christmas. Cooking dinner with Gram then Mom and the boys would come over and have dip and then supper. We would argue about doing dishes (Jeff really didn’t think he ever should have had to do them). Mom would fall asleep in the living room or in a chair and we would get restless and want to go home to open a present. Mom was hard to get up. Oh yea, how could I forget going out to watch Santa go by on the firetruck. That was a staple as well. Hopefully we can start something new sometime soon.
27. Best things in my stocking? The odds and ends I’m least suspecting. I love, love, love surprises!
28. Favorite ornament on my tree? I can’t pick. I like our honeymoon Mickey & Minnie, our cake topper, my No place like home one, many brass ones, snowmen, can you tell that I’m in decisive!?
29. Least favorite thing in my stocking when I was a kid? There is no such thing. Everything in my stocking was awesome from what I can remember.
30. Always good holiday gifts? I always give good ones and most of the time recieve good ones. Every so often there are duds but overall good. 😉
31. Least favorite holiday food? Fruitcake. It’s frickin gross!