You know you are from Pictou County when…
- You never met any celebrities but Fred Penner – BUT the Premier (Dr. Hamm) either delivered you, your child, or was your Doctor when you went to the Outdoor.
- You know what the Outdoor is. (For all you non-Pictou Co. people…Outdoor=Outpatient Unit at the Hospital)
- Your idea of traffic jam is 10 cars waiting to pass a tractor.
- Vacation means going to Moncton.
- You’ve seen all the biggest bands 10 years after they were popular (at SummerFest)
- You measure distance in hours.
- You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
- Your classes were cancelled because of the cold.
- You switch from A/C to heat in the same day.
- You use a down comforter in Summer
- Your grandparents drive at 100km/h through 13 feet of snow in a raging blizzard without flinching.
- You plan your financial future around Bingo (tv, the Celtic, or the local rink)
- People wear hunting clothes at social events.
- You install security lights on both your house and your garage and leave both unlocked.
- You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend/wife knows how to use them.
- You think of the 4 food groups as: deer meat, fish, bologna, and beer.
- There are always 4 empty cars running in the parking lot at the Stellarton Liquor Store at any time.
- You only own 3 spices: salt, pepper, & ketchup.
- You design your kid’s costume over snowsuits.
- Driving is better in winter because the potholes are covered in with snow.
- You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
- On a cold winter’s day it’s slippy out. (note: it’s not a typo. It’s not slippery)
- You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, construction.
- It takes 3 hours to go to the mall for 1 item even when you’re in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone.
- You wake up to the Morning March on CKEC.
- Although Trenton Works, has been owned by Lavalin and now Greenbrier for some time, but most still call it “Hawker Siddeley.”
- You plan your social schedule around channel 10’s “Community Events.”
- You can tell if your pizza is from Sam’s Stellarton, Trenton, or Abercrombie without looking at the box.
- You have a favourite Sobeys, Needs, & Tim Horton’s location.
- You know that Ming’s is the best place to eat in, but Joe Chow’s has the best take-out Chinese.
Hahaha,I have definately been missing home lately and that list definately cheered me up!!!! Thanks for the great blogs Laura!