2008,  AB,  family,  random

Strange night in Lauraland

So I had the weirdest experience last night…I have no idea what was going on outside but it was weird. The sun was just rising, or so I think it was that early because the window looked kind of pink and there is no way in Hell I can see the alarm clock from where J has it. But seriously, it sounded like there was an assault going on outside our condo. It was the strangest sound coming from this lady and weird hitting wood sounds and male voices…I still have no idea what was going on. I didn’t go to the window. J did though. We thought it was over because they had quieted down and walked into the building but then she got out on a balcony or near a window or something and just kept yelling. Quite strange and once I knew everything was ok, I was pissed. I couldn’t sleep through that crap. Grrr.

Then to be woken what I believe to be only an hour or so later, again a guess because I can’t see the clock, by another thunderstorm. We had one yesterday morning that awoke me. It must be bad because I could always sleep through those things at home.  It was pouring rain, and lots of thunder once again…frick. Annoying. When I awoke for real it was nice out. Just like yesterday.

God, things are so weird here.

We tried to get a costco membership last night…a no go because we need picture ID and this province took our picture ID was a promise that it would be in our hands in 2 weeks. 2 frickin’ weeks. Fack.

But to the point of this blog. I had a really strange dream last night. Like really strange. It didn’t make sense at all. The majority of it took place in my Gram’s house but it was my daycare in Freddy. All the kids were there and so was my boss. The only other worker was the newfie who retired in March/April. There was raucous and insanity. Kids trying to be toilet trained, craft material all over the floor, toys flying everywhere, people being hit, etc. etc. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. J came to pick me up at 5 but I was stuck there until 7 with a group of kids who all left sporadically between 5:30 and 7. I had plans not to go into work for 2 extra hours in the a.m. since I had to stay at work so late.

But then, this is where it got weird. My Gram suddenly appeared. We were supposed to drive her somewhere for 7 and we were late. Then realized we should have had the car because the Jeep was too hard for her to get in and out of. But the next thing I knew Gram was driving my Jeep through Stellarton to get where ever it was we were going. She drove like a mad man. In real life, I was never in a vehicle that Gram drove. She never drove us around. She finally pulled over on what is Foster Ave. (but not Foster Ave. in my dream) and had tea on the side of the road with Zilda on a set of lawn chairs. It was strange.

But I then had a conversation with Gram. J and Zilda disappeared somewhere (after I almost got pooped on by a bird in my dream). It was a great talk.  It’s the first time since 2004 that I have “heard” my Gram’s voice. The first time, that I can remember, that I dreamed about Gram and she was there. I’ve had dreams about her but never saw her or heard her voice in my dreams. It was quite strange.

Now that I’m awake I wish I could remember what we talked about. I wish I could remember Gram’s voice. I can’t. I know I did because I woke up knowing that’s what I “heard” but I can’t replicate it in the real world.

So yea, it was a first for me. And quite strange. The dream made no sense and why now, why did I suddenly dream about Gram. Especially in this weird context. Why can’t I remember the advice I woke up knowing she gave me. Why do we forget dreams and things in our dreams so quickly after waking???

So last night was indeed a strange night in Laura land.

Leave a Reply


Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: